“Auto Insurance Explained – The Coverage Your Car Needs
When your car has been damaged, it’s enough of a headache. So you don’t need another one when it’s time to work with your insurance company. We are drivers too, so we know what it is like to worry if you don’t have the coverage you need. Trust the experts at Sellman Insurance Group to get it right.
Auto policies are required by law. All states require you to carry a certain level of auto insurance. In addition to the legal requirement, most lenders require borrowers to have full coverage protection. This insurance will also assist you in protecting yourself and your family financially should an accident or some other events befall you as a driver.
What is it?
Auto insurance is a form of coverage that gives you financial protection should your car be damaged or any passengers or other drivers be hurt. If you carry this coverage, the insurance provider instead pays for most, if not all, of the expenses rather than forcing you to pay for medical and/or car repair or replacement costs out of pocket.
As previously stated, it is a legal requirement that all who drive cars must be insured. When pulled over by police not only will officers request your driver’s license and car registration, but also proof of insurance.
How it Works…
When a vehicle is involved in an accident, the individual who is deemed to be at fault is liable for coming up with the money to pay all the costs that result from said accident. This often overwhelming sum will include the expense to repair or replace the other driver’s or drivers’ car(s), any medical costs of those in the other vehicle(s) and in yours, and to also repair any damaged property as well.
When purchasing good car insurance, owners are in charge of determining how much coverage they desire. This is what will help in determining the most that an insurer will be obliged to pay. In addition to the coverage levels, a policyholder is also free to choose the size of his or her deductible, which is how much the insured driver must first pay before the insurer provides its compensation. This amount varies, usually in increments of $500 and $1,000; generally, the higher the deductible will mean the lower the premiums one has to pay on a monthly (or otherwise) basis.
Different kinds of coverage available:
There is a myriad of coverage types, which vary from state to state and how and to what degree the driver wishes to be safeguarded. The following are the predominant types out there:
• Liability (Injury/Death)– This is what pays for medical or other costs incurred by those injured or killed in an accident for which the policyholder is at fault.
• Liability (Property Damage)– This coverage compensates for damages to the property of the other drivers or affected individuals, including the vehicles and structures, etc.
• Collision– This component of coverage pays out for damages to your own vehicle that are the result of an accident, if it is your fault or otherwise.
• Comprehensive– This type of coverage compensates for any covered damages to your vehicle that results from anything other than an accident. Examples include the financial consequences of damage or loss from severe weather, theft, vandalism, etc.
• Medical Payments – This covers you for injuries and even to help your survivors to pay for expenses for funerals should the worst befall you and more.
The big plus in carrying suitable auto insurance is the help it provides you in covering the costs if you are involved in some kind of accident or other event or peril that affects you. You simply make your premium payments consistently and on time and, in return, you can enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that you and your family are financially protected.
6 Reasons to Choose Nationwide for Car Insurance:
1. On Your Side® Claims Service – After an accident, you want things to get back to normal fast. File your car insurance claim and choose a repair shop in our network to get a written guarantee for as long as you own your vehicle.
2. Discounts on Car Insurance Rates – We offer many ways to lower your auto insurance rates, including Farm Bureau, good student, and multi-policy discounts.
3. 95% Member Satisfaction – Want to know how we handle claims? Find out online from our auto insurance members. Learn why they would recommend us to friends and family, and then get a FREE online auto insurance quote today.
4. Vanishing Deductible® – As you shop for online car insurance, keep in mind that we want to reward safe drivers. Our exclusive program reduces your car insurance deductible $100 for every year of safe driving.
5. On Your Side® Review – Make sure your vehicle insurance keeps up with your life. A Nationwide insurance agent can help you get the coverage you need and the discounts you deserve to lower your car insurance rates.
6. Member Resources – As a member, you can update your account quickly and easily when and where you want, get answers to your questions, catch up on what we’re doing today, and see what it means to be a member.”